- YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS
- YOUR LISTS
- YOUR BASKET
CURRENT BASKET VALUE
The University of Greenwich, in partnership with John Smith’s student stores, have set up a joint scheme to help you make the very best of your time at university.
Get your Aspire@Greenwich card worth £200*
Use your card at John Smith’s to buy books, stationery and more instore and online
* Eligible students only. Terms and conditions apply - see below.
Q. How do I found out more about eligibility for the scheme?
If you are a new full-time home or EU undergraduate student starting a programme at the University of Greenwich in 2016-17. You must also be paying the maximum programme fee of £9,000 per year.
Students undertaking the following programmes are also ineligible for the scheme:
● All postgraduate-level programmes, including PGCE and Diploma Architecture. Full details on the Aspire@Greenwich scheme including eligibility are available from the University of Greenwich bursary page.
Q. How do I register for the Scholarship?
You can register at the John Smith’s student store on campus at Greenwich or Avery Hill. You can also register online here or come along to our desk during registration at the start of term. Members of John Smith’s staff will be on hand at the Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway Campuses during the second stage of the university’s two-part student registration process (Part 2: Registration Checks). They will help you complete the procedure for acquiring your Aspire@Greenwich card, which runs as follows:
● At Part 1: Online Registration, you will be asked to agree and confirm that your details can be passed between the university and John Smith’s.
● You must collect your temporary student ID card during Part 2. Once you have successfully completed both parts of registration, you will be directed to the Aspire@Greenwich enrolment point on campus.
● Here, you will be asked to produce your temporary student ID card in order to verify your identify and eligibility.
● You will then be issued with Aspire@Greenwich account information and your personalised Aspire@Greenwich card. You will be asked to create a secure 4-digit PIN.
Q. Is this a loan? Do I have to pay it back?
Your Aspire@Greenwich scholarship is not a loan and you do not have to pay it back. The funds are provided for you by your university to help with the extra costs associated with studying. It does not add to your student debt.
Q. Where can I spend my funds?
You can spend your funds on textbooks, stationery and other essential learning resources at the John Smith’s student store on the Greenwich or Avery Hill Campus or online on this website. You can also spend upto £50 of your funds on clubs and societies with the SUUG. You can do this at the students union receptions on the Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway campuses.
Q. What happens if I don’t spend my funds by the end of the academic year?
Unspent funds at the end of the end of year 1 should be rolled over for you to use in years in 2/3 of study. You must however remain a registered eligible student.Q. Where can I find more information on this scholarship?
For the full terms and conditions please visit the University of Greenwich bursary page.
Q. How much money do I get and when do I get it?
£200 is normally awarded to eligible students upon successful completion of part 1and part 2 of student registration. Successful completion includes but is not limited to: having your tuition fees in place and this being notified to the University by the SLC (Student Loan Company); students required to have DBS clearance and or an occupational health assessment, will need to have received their DBS clearance, have been declared fit to study by the University Occupational Health department and had this recorded by the University on their student record. Further information is available from the University of Greenwich bursary page.
If you are eligible to receive other awards from the University through your Aspire@Greenwich card this £200 is not paid in addition to those awards and further eligibility criteria apply.
Funds can be used to buy books, stationery, computer accessories and other learning materials from the John Smith’s student stores at the Greenwich and Avery Hill Campuses, or online at this website